...for the love of Hummus!
If your love for hummus is as deep as mine then you're going to love these! Hummus is life and just goes with basically everything. This week I share with you 3 different hummus recipes that BANG! - If you do try any of these recipe's be sure to share your pics with us, we'd love to see them!
Our 3 hummus's are a; Classic style, Sundried tomato version and a Beetroot one (with a twist) - Lets go!
CLASSIC Hummus ingredients : • 1 tin drained chickpeas • 1 or 2 Garlic cloves • 1 teaspoon Cumin • 1 tablespoon Tahini • 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 tablespoons lime • 4 tablespoons water
• Pink Salt to taste
• Garnished with chilli flakes (optional)
SUNDRIED Hummus ingredients : This requires the same as above but add: • 8-10 Sundried tomatoes • 2 tablespoons of Parsley (reserve a little extra for garnish- garnish is everything).
BEETROOT Hummus ingredients : This requires the same as the CLASSIC BUT: • Replace the drained chickpeas with butter beans • Add 1 cooked beetroot • Freshly chopped chives (reserve extra for garnish).
The Hummus Method:
Basically this takes like 4 steps:
1. Get all of your chosen hummus ingredients and add them into a food processor - whizz it up!
2. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides to ensure you get all of your ingredients in the mix as it can stick to the sides - whiz for a little bit more.
3. Empty your delicious hummus into a serving dish.
4. Garnish with your toppings and enjoy!
Video for this recipe is also available below, be sure to check it out!