Hey everyone, so this week we share with you something super yum and easy to make; an olive tapenade!
If you love a hummus spread or smashed avocado on your toast, you will love this fresh alternative to all of that good stuff, it's also a great additional spread/dip for dinner party's with nibbles or as part of a starter.
What you need / ingredients:
• Olives (I used dried black Moroccan olives and Kalamata olives from my local olive dealer (",) )
• Handful of fresh parsley
• 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
• 2 - 4 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 of a red chili pepper (I used half of the one pictured)
• 1/4 of a red onion (I didn't actually use all of this)
• 2 garlic gloves (I got mine with the olives)
• Black pepper
Feel free to add more / less of the lemon juice, vinegar or olive oil depending on the taste and texture. I didn't add any salt as olives are already quite salty.
• Remove the pip's from the olives
• You can chop up the ingredients so they are easily processed in the food processor (I started with 1 & 1/2 tsp of the olive oil & added until I got the desired consistency).
• Add all of the ingredients into a food processor and whiz / pulse your mixture up.
• You may need to shake/scrape down the sides and add any extra olive oil / lemon / vinegar depending on your taste buds, so play with it and taste as you go along and you're done!
Place your olive tapenade into a dish and sprinkle with some extra parsley on top, enjoy with some.... errrm, warm bread!? - because why not :)
If you do try this recipe be sure to share your dish with us, we'd love to see them! We hope you enjoy it, all the love !