I got creative and made this simple and delicious dish from ingredients that I needed to use up (as you do), and it turned out pretty well so thought I would share it with you all! It's simple, healthy and tasty!
Lets start with...
- Coconut oil (to cook with)
- 1 leek
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- Spelt noodles or pasta
- Pink salt & Garam masala
- Creamed coconut
- Desiccated coconut (optional)
SERVE WITH: Avocado, paprika, sesame seeds
...and now for the method:
• Wash and chop the leek, onion and mushrooms
• Over a medium heat, add coconut oil to a skillet.
• Once it is melted add the onion and leek
Let them cook for 3-5 minutes (until the onions are translucent) then add salt and Garam masala; mix together.
• Add in coconut creamed (I just used whatever I had) and 2 spoons of desiccated coconut.
• Whilst the coconut melts, make your noodles or pasta (follow the instructions on the packet).
• Leave the mushrooms on low heat until the noodles/pasta are cooked.
• Once everything is cooked, drain the noodles, mix together & serve.
I served with avocado, sesame seeds and paprika...
Bish. Bash. Bosh! Enjoy :)