Many people shy away from making their own milks and opt for store bought vegan milk alternatives. The problem is, many of these milks are filled with not-so-great preservative ingredients.
Once you know how, making hemp milk (or any other plant milk) is SO simple! The only thing stopping you is a limiting belief that it is too difficult or too time consuming. Honestly, it is neither. It is as simple as you ALLOW it to be. Video & written recipe below x
- 1 cup whole hemp seeds (if you're using hulled/shelled hemp seeds, there is no need to soak them overnight)
- 4 cups of water (use the ratio 1 cup hemp seeds : 4 cups water. I used 1/2 cup hemp seeds : 2 cups water)
- 2-4 dates (depending on how sweet you want it)
- pinch of salt
You will also need a MUSLIN or NUT MILK BAG to strain the milk
1. Soak the hemp seeds overnight
2. Drain the water and add the hemp seeds into your nutribullet/blender (using the ratios given above)
3. Add in dates (or sweetener of choice), a pinch of salt & whizz it all up until everything is blended evenly
4. Using a wide bowl/jug, pour the mixture into your muslin/nut milk bag and squeeze until all the liquid is out of the pulp
5. Store in the fridge for 3-5 days
Simple. Healthy. Tasty.