VEGAN OMELETTE. Sounds weird & complicated. Definitely isn't.
- Besan/gram flour/chickpea flour
- Seasoning (e.g. pink salt, pepper, masala, paprika, cayenne pepper. Whatever YOU like the taste of)
- Coconut oil (to cook in)
- Mix gram flour with water at a 1:1 ratio (e.g. 1 cup of gram flour to 1 cup of water). Whisk until smooth
- In a pan over a medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add chopped onions. Once they are brown, add in chopped tomatoes and season with some pink salt.
- Add salt, pepper & garam masala to the "egg" mixture and once the onions and tomatoes have cooked for a few minutes, add it into the pan.
- Cook the "egg" for 3-4 minutes on one side and flip. If you are not confident in your flipping skills (like me) place the "egg" under the grill for 2-3 minutes. Once it is firm, place it back on the hob and then flip it.
I served it with quinoa, mixed beans and avocado (watch the video below to see how I made it). You can serve it with baked beans & toast (I reccomend spelt toast and high quality baked beans with no added sugars or preservatives). Ketchup & mustard are a must.