As much as I try to eat raw foods 60% of the time, sometimes I just NEED some starchy comfort food! And this cheese sauce is the PERFECT thing for that. Totally vegan. Cruelty free. No cow puss or casein. Just PLANT POWERED PERFECTION (scroll to the bottom of the page for the video).
- 1 cup peeled/diced yellow potatoes
- ¼ cup peeled/diced carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup water (preferably use liquid from pot of boiled veggies)
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- salt to taste
- paprika (optional)
1. Bring several cups of water to boil in a small pot
2. Place chopped potatoes, carrots, and onion in the boiling water, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend. Cooking time will vary slightly, based on how small you have chopped your veggies.
3. When veggies are soft enough to blend, use a slotted spoon to remove them from cooking water, and place them in your blender.
4. If you DO NOT have a high speed blender, do the following in a pot with a HAND BLENDER. Works just as great :)
5. Add ¾ cup of that cooking water to your blender, along with your remaining ingredients.
6. Blend until smooth.
DONNNNE!!! This sauce can be used for nachos, mac and cheese, enchiladas ... ANYTHING CHEESEY SAUCE RELATED! So go make it and go love it <3 xxx
If you make it let me know:
Kapowwwwwww love to you and yours! xxxx