This recipe is kind of like a basic, healthy nutella.
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup sweetener (I used raw//local honey. Date syrup is a great alternative)
- Soak hazelnuts in water (between 4 hours or overnight). Drain water and put in blender/food processor
- Blend for 10-20 mins (depending on blender strength) until the hazelnuts form a smooth, thick consistency (see video below). This can be a tedious process. Add coconut oil to speed it up.
- Add cacao powder and sweetener. Blend again until everything is evenly mixed together. If it is too thick, add a couple drops of water to thin it out to a light/mousse texture