Tis the season to be snotty and flu’d up so I did some research into healing plants and came across ELDERBERRY!❤
Health benefits of elderberry (Sambucus Nigra):
Elderberry is known to improve heart health and help stabilise colds/flus especially nasal congestion, chesty coughs and viral infections. Its high antioxidant level also boost the immune system.
Time to throw away the calpol and other nasty, chemical filled medicines you may be using. Be prepared for this video to change yo life boo!
– ½ cup dried, organic elderberries
– 3 cups of water
– 1 cup of local/raw honey (I prefer local honey for the allergy benefits)
– 2/3 cup of organic apple cider vinegar
– Add the elderberries and water to a pot over a medium/high heat
– Bring to boil and simmer on a low/medium heat for 30 minutes
– Take off the heat and mash the mixture
– Using a cheese cloth (or something similar) strain the mixture into a separate bowl
– Add the honey and stir well until the liquid has an even consistency
– Add the apple cider vinegar and stir again
– Place in a jar and store in the fridge
Adults – 1 tablespoon a day. If symptoms are severe, 1 tablespoon per hour
Children – 1 teaspoon a day. If symptoms are severe, 1 teaspoon per hour
The syrup can be taken on its own or diluted with water
Store in a fridge. Lasts for up to 6 months.
Feel free to ask any questions boo boo’s
Love Jez xoxox